We are rebooting the project today, with a new name: Subplot.

The origin story of the project is that in 2013 we wrote the original program and called it Yarn. Yarn has been working all along, but there is now a name conflict with another project, and also the original implementation is unsatisfactory.

In 2019 we started a project to rethink and rewrite Yarn. We came up with a new name and wrote some prototypes. It turns out we chose a name that conflicted with an existing program. We have picked a new name, and this re-reboot of the project starts implementing the new software from scratch, with the aim of doing it in the best possible taste and with an eye towards producing something that will work well for a long time.